Tasting fees and conditions applicable from 1 May 2012
Taylor’s, accepted by most wine authorities to be the greatest of all port shippers invites you to a pleasant and informative tour of its famous lodges at Vila Nova de Gaia.
During the tour the visitor will be given the opportunity to learn about the fascinating history of Port wine, as well as that of the House of Taylor’s – now in its fourth century – making it one of the oldest Port companies.
Upon completing the tour, guests will taste three Port wines: Chip Dry – Extra Dry White, Late Bottled Vintage (LBV) and Tawny 10 year old in the elegant Library Room. Afterwards, relax on the terrace, which has magnificent views over the city of Oporto. Price per person: €3
Children under 16 years of age will receive free admission. Price for visitors aged between 16 and 18 years is €1 (comprising a tasting of LBV)
There is no fixed schedule. Tours will leave every 30-40 minutes (approximately).
In addition there is a range of superb Premium Port Tastings for our visitors to enjoy.
We also provide private tours structured so as to appeal to everyone from the absolute beginner through to budding wine enthusiast. Each tour is customized and charge is based on each event.
Should you be interested in a private tour please contact email@example.com
Additionally, guests can enjoy a delicious meal in the elegant “Barão de Fladgate” restaurant (www.tresseculos.pt )
For those interested we also recommend:
- Opening of Tayor’s Vintage Ports with tongs;
- Tasting of olive oil from the Douro valley (Quinta de Vargellas extra virgin and Santo António organic);
- A visit to our wine shop where you can find the whole range of Taylor’s Ports including charming gift boxes or rare Vintages. Expeditions (in small quantities) are also possible. Just ask for more details at the wine shop;
- Tasting of Kosher Port Wine;
- Port wine workshops;
- Tasting by-the-glass of old tawnies.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Monday to Friday: 10am to 6pm
- Saturday-Sunday: 10am to 5pm
TAYLOR FLADGATE & YEATMAN VINHOS
Rua do Choupelo nº 250 - Vila Nova de Gaia
GPS Coordinates: 41° 08’ 02’’ N- 08° 36’ 51’’ W
Tel. +351 22 374 28 00 * Fax. +351 22 374 28 99 * firstname.lastname@example.org
National Winner of “Best of Wine Tourism” in:
2004 : category “Leisure and Tourist Attraction”
2005: category “Parks & Gardens”
2006: category “Winery Restaurant”